Talking Mental Health National Conference takes place on World Mental Health Day
(Thursday 10th October) 10am – 4pm at Cardiff City Stadium.
Here are 10 great reasons to attend:
1. Every year one in four adults, along with one in ten children, will have a mental health issue.
2. These conditions can profoundly affect literally millions of lives, affecting the capability of these individuals to make it through the day, to sustain relationships, and to maintain work.
3. The stigma attached to mental health causes a damaging, albeit ill-informed, attitude, making it more difficult for those affected to pursue help.
4. We can make a difference and contribution by raising awareness
5. The best way to deal with this stigma is through facts and a better understanding of mental health problems. From identifying the causes, pinpointing solutions, and ultimately recognising that we are really dealing with medical issues.
6. Talking Mental Health is a National Conference that will be taking place to help people understand and recognise poor Mental Health and to make a difference.
7. We will have a range of key note speakers, talking about their own personal journeys with Mental Health Conditions, and sharing their recovery stories.
8. There will be a range of companies and services attending on the day, exhibiting how they can support people with a mental health condition.
9. There are plenty of opportunites to network with others and start aconversation about mental health
10. The event will be a day of inspiration, motivation, learning, networking, sharing and positivity around Mental Health