Top tips for Manual Handling in the Workplace
Manual handling injuries can have serious implications for the employer and the person who has been injured. They can occur almost anywhere in the workplace and heavy manual labour, awkward postures, repetitive movements of arms, legs and back or previous/existing injury can increase the risk.
Here are some tips for keeping safe in the workplace.
- Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- Ensure employees and the correct manual handling training
- Use mechanical aids wherever possible
- Plan the route before you start
- Work from a stable base
- Hug the load
- Bend your knees
- Avoid twisting or leaning
- Keep your head up
- Know your limits
- Push a load rather than pull it
At Ajuda we provide accredited Level 2 Safe Moving & Handling Training, and Level 2 Award in Manual Handling, Moving People Safely. The courses can be in your workplace or at our Training Academy in Cardiff Bay
Or call us on 02920 576883