Do you have a First Aider on site? What about a Mental Health First Aider? Your staff are more likely to encounter or experience mental health issues such as stress, anxiety or depression and need the tools and confidence to deal with these situations. Having a Mental Health First Aider on site will help you to spot the early signs of a mental health problem and encourage people to speak to the Mental Health First Aider and seek help. This will help reduce the effects on the individual, the people around them and encourage a speedier recovery in a supportive environment.
Want us to bring the training to you?
If we don't have dates suitable for you at our training centre then we can bring the training to your workplace.
Contact us on 02920 576883 or email email@example.com
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
• To help participants spot the early sign of a mental health problem (such as depression, anxiety disorders, stress etc)
• To raise awareness and understanding of mental health problems in people
• To build confidence to help a person experiencing a problem
• To preserve life where a person may be a risk to themselves or others
• To provide help on a ‘First Aid’ basis
• To reduce the effect of a mental health problem on the individual and the people around them, whilst preventing the problem from escalating
• To encourage early intervention and speedier recoveries
• To provide comfort to a person experiencing mental distress
• To know where to refer the person to get the right help
It is designed to be interactive and participants are encouraged (if they wish) to share views and experiences.
This MHFA (Wales) course is a national training programme for Wales which is licensed and
developed by Training in Mind
- Duration: 2 Days
- Individual Price: £140.00+VAT
- Candidates will also receive a Mental Health First Aid (Wales) manual
- Certificate will last for 3 years.