This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become a first aider. It covers a wider range of subjects than that covered by the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. It provides learners with the skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in higher risk workplaces or workplaces with an increased number of employees. Produced in aid of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to manage and treat basic First Aid injuries.
Want us to bring the training to you?
If we don't have dates suitable for you at our training centre then we can bring the training to your workplace.
Contact us on 02920 576883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to recognise and treat a casualty. The candidate will also be fully aware of their roles and responsibilities as a First Aider. By the end of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Describe the Role of the First Aider
- Deal with Incident and casualty management
- Recognise and undertake a Primary assessment, Including CPR
- Recognise a Choking casualty
- Airway and breathing difficulties
- Examine and treat Wounds and bleeding
- Recognise and Management of a Heart Attack
- Incident and casualty management
- Bone, joint and muscle injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Hot and cold injuries
- Recording and reporting
Duration: 3 days
Price (individual): £220+VAT.
Group Price (up to 12): £1,895+VAT.
Assessment Method: Multiple Choice Exam, Ongoing practical assessment.
The Certificate will last for 3 years.