Level 2 Award in People Handling (Modules A-F) (QCF)
Duration: 1 Day
Price (individual): £90+VAT
Group price (Up to 12): £595+VAT
Please contact us to book
Manual Handling injuries account to 36% of all reported workplace accidents. The Health & Social Care sector accounts for 54% of all reported manual handling accidents. This course will provide a consistent approach to Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme.
Want us to bring the training to you?
If we don’t have dates suitable for you at our training centre then we can bring the training to your workplace.
Contact us on 02920 576883 or email email@example.com
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme, modules A-F.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the function of the spine
- Examine & Discuss Manual Handling Legislation
- Discuss Company Manual Handling policy’s
- Describe Ergonomics
- Examine and Discuss Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Discuss safe handling procedures
- Explain the need for effective teamwork & communication
- Demonstrate safe inanimate load handling
- To provide a consistent approach to Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme.
- This course will be delivered in a classroom environment via power point presentations, discussions, practical demonstrations and lectures. There are two modules to this course which are outlined below:
- Module A – Spinal Awareness, legislation, your authority or company policies
- Ergonomics, risk assessment, safe handling principles, team handling and communication.
- Module B – Inanimate load handling, practical ergonomics
- Module C – Sitting, Standing & Walking
- Module D – Bed Mobility
- Module E – Lateral Transfers
- Module F – Hoisting
- Duration: 2 Days
- Prince (Individual): £140.00
- Group price (Up to 12): £1,150
- Assessment Method: 2 x Multiple Choice Exam & 2 x Practical Assessment
- The Certificate will last for 3 years.
Individual Price – £90 + VAT, Group Price (upto 12) £595 + VAT