This regulated qualification is designed to provide the essential underpinning knowledge and skills to work in the food industry.
It is fully compliant with industry and regulatory standards. Topics covered are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as important to maintaining good practice in the production and handling of safe food.
Want us to bring the training to you?
If we don’t have dates suitable for you at our training centre then we can bring the training to your workplace.
Contact us on 02920 576883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
The course will suit a diverse range of learners including adults, schools, community groups and businesses etc. who work in or intend to work in the catering industry including those involved in the storage, preparation, cooking and handling of food.
• Food safety hazards
• Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
• Cooking, hot holding and reheating
• Food handling
• Principles of safe food storage
• Food premises and equipment
• Applying and Monitoring Good Hygiene Practice
• Prevention of Contamination & Food Poisoning
• Personal Hygiene of Staff
• Premises, Equipment & Pest Control
• Work Place and Equipment Design
• Waste Disposal and Cleaning Disinfection
• Contribution to Staff Training
• Implementation of Food Safety and Management Procedure/Tools
- Duration: 3 Days
- Individual Price: £295+VAT
- Group Price (up to 12): £2950+VAT
- Assessment Method: Multiple Choice Exam
- Candidates will also receive a First Aid at Work which they can take them. (image of book)
- Certificate will last for 3 years.