Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment (QCF)
Employers and the self employed have a legal duty to assess health and safety risks. Anyone carrying out a risk assessment needs to have the necessary knowledge and skills. This qualification ensures that supervisors and managers have the necessary depth of understanding to enable them to carry out risk assessments.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of Risk Assessment that ensures best practice in accordance with the HSE Health & Safety workplace compliance standards.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Understand current Legislation
- Describe principles of risk assessment
- Understand prioritising risk
- Understand Control Measures
- Describe Documentation involved in the risk assessment process
- Understand Monitoring controls
- Understand Risk assessment in practice
Following the course, candidates are required to undertake an assignment consisting of a risk assessment of a designated workplace. It is expected that this will take between 3 – 6 hours and should be completed within four weeks of the course.