Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
The Emergency First Aid course is designed to equip candidates with the minimum knowledge and skills required to save lives in a medical emergency. This course is run over 6 hours and includes both theory and practical sessions, and will gave a good basic insight to dealing with basic medical emergencies.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will be able to manage and treat basic First Aid injuries.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to recognise and treat a casualty who has suffered from the following conditions: The candidate will also be fully aware of their roles and responsibilities as a First Aider. By the end of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Describe the Role of the First Aider
- Deal with Incident and casualty management
- Recognise and undertake a Primary assessment, Including CPR
- Recognise a Choking casualty
- Airway and breathing difficulties
- Examine and treat Wounds and bleeding
- Recognise and Management of a Heart Attack
- Deal with Medical conditions
- Describe producers related Recording and reporting all incidents