Level 2 Award in CPR & Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (QCF)
Over 170,000 people die from sudden cardiac arrest in the UK every year. However, many can be saved if their heart is shocked back into rhythm with an automated external defibrillator. This is an ideal follow on from any first aid course. No previous experience is needed for this course. By the end of the course delegates will be able to operate and Automated Defibrillator.
In course breaks will be given at negotiated times, agreed between tutor and delegates. Refreshments not provided by Ajuda Ltd at external location.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will be able to operate an Automated Defibrillator.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to recognise and treat a casualty who has suffered from a cardiac arrest, be able to apply the defib pads to the patient and fully understand and operate an automated defib machine. By the end of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Identify a casuality who has suffered a cardiac arrest
- Deal with Incident and casualty management
- Recognise and name the different heart rhythms
- Apply defib pads to a causality
- Operate an automated external defibrillator machine
- Airway and breathing difficulties
- Recognise and Management of a Heart Attack
- Describe producers related Recording and reporting all incidents