Level 2 Award in COSHH (QCF)
This course is aimed at those who use substances hazardous to health at work and introduces participants to the hazards associated with those substances, the risks involved and the controls available and what to expect from a COSHH assessment. Successful completion will prepare participants to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their supervisors.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of all substances and chemicals hazardous to health
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘substance hazardous to health’
- Explain how hazardous substances can cause ill health and injury
- State the different ways in which hazardous substances may be identified
- State the principles for controlling substances hazardous to health and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a COSHH assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999.