Basic Life Support (BLS)
This course is run over 3 hours and includes both theory and practical sessions, and will give a good basic insight to dealing with basic medical emergencies.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will be able to manage and treat basic First Aid injuries.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to recognise and treat a casualty who has suffered from the following conditions.
By the end of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Describe the role of the parent in First Aid
- Deal with incident and casualty management
- Recognise and undertake a Primary Survey, Including CPR
- Secondary Survey
- Recognise a Choking casualty
- Airway and breathing difficulties
- Recognising, emergency actions and treatment of injuries/illnesses